232 Hillandale

Life and living at my designated postal address

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween 2005 - UneeeeCorn



Our neighborhood doesn't really have a lot of kids in it, so I like to take Olivia over to Knightbridge in Fort Mill, SC at Chris Quinn's house. Chris a business partner of mine. We have gone over every year.

This year Kris stayed at home, but Olivia and I braved the cold and went in search of candied treasure. This was the first year that she was able to walk up to the steps and say "Trick or Treat". It took some practice, including saying "Thank you", but she got it after 5 or 6 houses.

Olivia has a thing for lollipops. She loves them. As soon as she received her first one, she was on it and trying to open it and eat it. I had to stop her. She pitched a fit. A couple of more houses, she received another lollipop and, again, pitched a fit when I said she could not eat it now. I finally told her that if she didn't play nice, we were going to head back to the house.

Well, about 6 more houses went by, no lollipops. Then she walked up the sidewalk to a house and there it was. A lollipop. She looked back at me, took the lollipop, walked back to me while feverishly licking the outside wrapper of the lollipop and then threw the lollipop in the bag and said "THERE!". She moved on to the next house.

It was hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home