232 Hillandale

Life and living at my designated postal address

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Davidoff Dinner at Mortons


Club Puros, the Tinderbox and I celebrated Zino Davidoff's 100th birthday in style at Morton's in Southpark. We started the evening at about 1pm at a impromptu pre-party at the Southpark Tinderbox. Eric and Larry returned from Europe with some excellent smokes in tow and were very generous in sharing. One pre-party stick included the Davidoff 48 - amazing. However, I only had a taste. I would compare it to the 7-year-old Davidoff 5000 I smoked two weeks ago in Myrtle Beach. I did enjoy a good Partagas (with an "ugly wrapper").

The meal kicked off around 6pm with appetizers and drinks. We smoked a Davidoff #1. Too strong for me (atypical for Davidoff). I think it may have been a bit young. Of course, I had already smoked two cigars earlier in the day, so its hard to say. A cigar was presented with each course of food, including the very limited edition Diademas Finas - the anniversary cigar. I plan on enjoying this one soon.

Davidoff had a video presentation featuring Zino and his lifelong interest in tobacco. The meal was good considering they were serving 120 cigar smokers. This event is definitely on the top 10 list of best events I have attended with the club. A good evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home